Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We're in India

December 18th
As it turned out, we got a hotel ati we could sleep. Then we flew to Thiruvananthapuram and took a bus from there to Alleppey and then an autorickshaw to Palmy Lake Resort. Today we took an A.R.S. to the train station. We reserved tickets for Gokarna for Christmas eve. Then we took the same autorickshaw to a restaurant and had lunch. It was really good! So far, I like Indian food a lot. I had chicken noodles. It was chicken and noodles and vegetables, not that complex, but something made it really good. My mouth waters as I write. Then we walked around. We stopped at a shop selling paper stars that hung from the ceiling. They were all different colours and you could stick a light bulb in them. They were Rs 40 for a small monochrome, Rs 45 for a small polychrome and Rs 90 for a large polychrome. I'm thinking of getting one.
We went to an internet cafe and I got to check my email and play Free Rider 2. Grandma had emailed Mama and said she had given Matthew and I some birthday money for Christmas. Then we went to a bank and then walked back 3 kilometres to Palmy Lake.
Now we while away the time between dinner and now, writing.

December 21st
The Christmas countdown: 3 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes
Today we go on a houseboat. Well, we are on it now.

It is very big, bigger than I thought it could be pushed by punting power. The drivers must be very strong! Right now, we are stopped for the night and we are about to have a chicken supper. The Indian food is soooo tasty. We have a fishing rod and Matthew and I tried fishing but we couldn't catch anything and then a crow took our bait.
We took a walk just now around the rice fields. It is very beautiful here.
I bought a paper star yesterday for 70 rupees.
Now I want to try fishing again.

Jonas

No comments: