Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beach and beyond

January 2nd
Today we took a long hike to Om Beach. It wasn't very different from Kudle Beach except that it didn't have as big waves. We stayed there a while and then we went to Kudle for a while then we went back to Gokarna and had supper. Every day is pretty much the same here so there isn't much to write about. Today was a little different in that Papa taught us to play whist. I won the first game.
Yesterday I tried to figure out Applescript. I know how to make dialogue boxes appear and how to change what they say. If I get to try it again today I will try to make it possible to automate the save for web process for Papa.

January 5th Days til home: 115
Today was a beach day. We went to the restaurant downstairs for breakfast and came back to the room. Mama and Papa went and reserved bus tickets and Matthew and I drew. Then, at 12:45, we went and had lunch at the roof top restaurant and at 2:15 we went to the beach. We saw 2 starfish, 3 hermit crabs, 2 neon leg crabs and 2 lady bugs.
At 5:30 we went on to the great plain and walked to where the cliff goes to the sea and watched the sun go down. Then we went and had supper at a different restaurant that had spicy masala dosas. Then we came back to the hotel room and I am writing about what we did today. What I am writing is: Today is a beach day. We went....

January 11th 109 days til home
On January 20nd, we will celebrate our 100th day.....til home. Yes, folks, we're more than halfway done. We're counting down the days now. Soon we'll be going "5...4...3...2...1...shove shove... Ah, back with my game cube at last, with a slurpee in my hand and a root beer float to look forward to." But right now it's Friday, and we are in Hyderabad (hide-air-a-bad). Today I bought an elephant wall hanging for Rs 54.
Before this we were in Hampi. There was an elephant that gave us a blessing. It's name was Lakshmi. There were also lots of monkeys and we fed them peanuts. They would grab onto our hands so we couldn't pull away and then they picked out the peanuts one by one.
Tomorrow we are going to go to the Chowmallah Palace and Salar Jung Museum. Mama thinks that Hyderabad is a bit like Winnipeg.
Tomorrow we will have spent one month in India.

Jonas

No comments: