Today we went away from Selcuk to Bodrum. The two hours before we left were called Bodrum, only you moved the 'r' between the 'o' and the 'd': Bordum. The bus was late and we sat there waiting two hours of my precious life away.
Then we got on the bus and Papa, Matthew and I got to sit with the backup driver in a comfy little compartment. It was cosy and I said to Papa, 'I wonder if they are going to smuggle us over the border.' It was neat.
October 12th
The Bodrum Castle, in my most humble opinion, is highly over rated. There should be a disclaimer at the entrance 'We are not responsible for any feelings/emotions you should have over this castle/underwater archeology museum's lameness.' They should also take down the 'The display of torture implements may not be suitable for children' sign over the dungeon. I didn't find it very interesting except for some information about amphorae that I now cannot remember.
After that we went to Pizza Pizza and had pizza and Matthew had a hamburger. Then we went to an ice cream place where the guy told us it was 5 lira a cone. We promptly said 'Too expensive, thanks anyway!' and left with him looking dumbstruck. We went to another place and bought ice cream (1 lira) and realized that he was probably saying it was 5 lira for 4 cones. Ah, well, we liked the ice cream, so who cares?
Today was an okay day. I learned that Ramadan is where people fast all day and eat big meals at night. At the end of Ramadan there is a big party and everybody celebrates. That means that since today is the end of Ramadan, lots of places are closed, liked half of Bodrum Castle.

Computer fun in Bodrum!
Jonas
No comments:
Post a Comment