November 7th
Today we went to the citadel in Aleppo. It was really cool! It was an old castle and palace and was much restored. Some of it was just knee high walls and some of it was completely restored to it's original grandeur. We walked in the main entrance way and there was a big long twisty hallway to stop invaders from getting in too quickly. Then we went past some knee high walls and then some more chest high ones.
then we went into a doorway that lead to a staircase that went down into The Dungeon!!
We went in and walked around. Then....all of a sudden...Stampede! Three school groups at once! Triple whammy!There was only one narrow spot in the whole dungeon and I happened to be in it when.....they came! All kinds of school children walking and talking and swarming and saying hello to every tourist and I was right in the middle. When I finally got out, we kept on going. There was an old theatre that didn't look old at all and a neat tower that we went up in.
Then at the very end we went in the throne room. This was the 'completely restored to its original grandeur' part. The floor, the walls the ceiling, the windows, the fountain, the chandelier. Everything. It was awe inspiring.
Then we went to a mental hospital. It was a museum that was once a hospital. It was kind of interesting. Then I wish I could say we went home but we got lost a bit first.
November ?
tdy wll wrte wth n vwls. Ds tht mke t hrd t rd?R hw bt n cnsnnts? U, ae o ea e? Or no punctuation which is easier to read but if I take out vwls t h h y cnt rd thng nw cn y m th mstr f lgblty nvr gn wll nyns lgcy b grtr thn mn bt bck wth vwls and punctuation.
Two days ago we went to Crac des Chevaliers, the most amazing castle ever! It is the best preserved castle in the world so al the ceilings are still intact and the walls weren't crumbling. It was really neat to explore. I could easily imagine knights and lords going about their business.
There were many places to explore, little unfound nooks and crannies.
We also went to the ruins of the city of Apamea. There was a loooong colonadded street. It was kind of neat but I liked the Crac better. The Crac had a keep, the strongest part of a castle meant for hiding in if all else fails. It acts like a stronghold within the castle to defend against the castle if it falls to the enemy.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment