September 18th
Today we went to the Hellenistic Cultural Centre. there we went in the Tholbsus (means 'dome' in Greek). There was a giant screen that covered most of the dome. Then the movie began...Actually, it wasn't a movie, it was 4-D exploration. A lady moved us and showed us things and sent us through time in an animated way. It was super neat. It was a bout the ancient agora. I liked the part where we traveled through time because the buildings materialized in pieces and flew together. I liked that, since the screen was all around you, you got to look around at what you wanted not just what they showed you. We liked it a lot.
September 20th
Today we are on Chios. We went to the beach and Matthew made a large hill out of sand but didn't do anything with it so I made it into a hill with cobble stone paths running all over it. It looked neat. I noticed that in one spot the sand was all crusty on top. When I threw a rock down it made a mini crater.
I think the sand was crusty because when the tide came up the sand got wet and when the tide went out the water in the sand evaporated and the salt stayed behind making it crusty. Natural phenomenons are everywhere. I like Chios.
Also, our house has two floors and is very nice.
September 21st
Today we went to the medieval settlement of Mesta. It looks a lot like Sacrofano only larger. It's maybe two times as big as Sacrofano but it has the same sort of cobblestone roads that end up in dead ends. Papa told me that this was so that when pirates attacked to steal Mesta's mastic oil and resin they would get lost in the dead ending, unplanned, arched-ceilinged cobblestone streets. The Mestians however, would scramble on to their roofs and run towards the outside of the city going over the dead-ending streets on their arched ceilings. We had lunch at a restaurant and the food was very good. The village cats must have thought so too, because they rubbed against our legs and mewed and one of them climbed up on the chair behind Matthew and tried to get onto the table. Matthew kept hi off so he went to Mama's chair and tried again. Then me and the Papa. Papa pushed him off his chair and so he went back to Matthew and tried again with different tactics. And he tried again, and again. And again. And again. And again. He was very persistent. We gave him some cheese and he ate it and then pleaded for more. At one point he was sticking his head in Mama's armpit. We gave some of the other cats some cheese too. They were cute and I wondered if they ever got lost in the maze-like Mestian streets. We got lost at one point but we managed to find our way back to town center. I found Mesta very interesting.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment