This morning we got up at 5:40 so that we could catch the 7:30 (it was actually 8:10) bus to Ho Chi Minh City. We took a small bus to the bus station and then got on the larger bus that wold take us there.
The fan belt for the engine broke part way through so we were stopped at the side of the road for an hour and a half while someone went to get a new one. After that, the ride went smoothly.
We arrived in HCMC at 3:30 in the afternoon. We looked for a hotel, and found that the prices were much higher here than any where else in Southeast Asia. We eventually got a room for $15.
We took a walk and then went to find a place to eat. The food here is expensive too, but we found a restaurant with good, cheap food. We had pork tofu, broccoli, spring rolls, and some other stuff I cannot remember. Then we went for fruit shakes at a place I know we will return to. It tasted like they took frozen strawberries (I had a strawberry one but they had many flavours), put them in a blender, poured it into a glass, added two teaspoons of sugar, stirred it and then gave it to me. Mama didn't like it though.
March 19th Days left: 41
Yesterday we took a bus from HCMC to Mui Ne, a beach. It is lovely, free wireless internet, a big room, a big outdoor-hammock-and-sand-place, the beach literally ten steps away and yummy pancakes. Right now, I am sitting beside Matthew as he digs a hole deeper than he is tall and wider than he is too. There are lots of kite surfers here and I saw one of them jump, flip completely around and land back on his board.
I found a leaf "boat" that landed right side up on the water no matter what way I threw it. Sometimes it looked like it was going to go into the water nose first, but it always flipped forward a bit and landed correctly. It floated quite well too. Unfortunately, I lost it when I threw it once. It never washed up on shore again.

Jonas
No comments:
Post a Comment